Information for University Support Persons
This page has been provided for students invited to participate as a University Support Person at Conferences and Hearings managed by the Office of Community Standards as part of the University Conduct Process.
Note: The information presented below provides a general guideline of what to expect. In some situations the information below may be modified. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
ROLE OF THE UNIVERSITY SUPPORT PERSON
- A University Support Person may be any University of Notre Dame student, faculty or staff member, with the exception of parents and attorneys.
- The University Support Person may not also serve as a witness.
- The role of the University Support Person is not intended to be a character reference.
- The role of the University Support Person is to provide moral support for the student and to share insight about the student’s learning and growth related to the incident.
PREPARING FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE
- The student (referred to as a "respondent") will invite you to participate as a University Support Person.
- Unless otherwise instructed by the student, please arrive in 306 Main Building (3rd floor, west wing) and check in at the front desk with Sherri, our administrative assistant.
- Have a seat in the Office of Community Standards reception seating area.
- One of the Community Standards will greet you and ask you to enter the Conference or Hearing.
- Along with the student and the Conduct Officer(s) meeting with the student, the student may also be joined by his/her Rector (or Assitant Rector or Resident Assistant if the Rector is not available).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in learning more about the Conduct Process, visit these links from du Lac: A Guide to Student Life:
If you have any questions about your participation, please call email the Office of Community Standards (firstname.lastname@example.org).