Meeting Resource Page
One of the four conduct settings, Meetings are intended to allow for the discussion of alleged violations of University Standards of Conduct. Alleged violations involving students residing in a University housing facility will be referred to the student’s hall staff. Alleged incidents involving students who do not reside in a University housing facility will be referred to an appropriate University administrator (e.g. Law School Student Services, MBA Student Services, Graduate Student Life, Office of Housing, etc.).
Meetings are designed to be conversations related to student behavior and decision making. A meeting typically includes:
- A conversation about the incident and the student's alleged involvement
- A discussion about expectations for student conduct
- An opportunity for the student to ask questions
Outcomes from Meetings are formative by design and tailored to meet the developmental needs of the student. The results of Meetings are documented, and this record may be used to establish a student’s conduct history at the University.
If the rector or administrator conducting a Meeting receives information that suggests a Conference or Hearing would be a more appropriate setting or if the rector or administrator conducting a Meeting receives information that suggests an alleged incident involving sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and/or conduct that creates a hostile environment, the rector or administrator will stop the Meeting. The Office of Community Standards will proceed by either:
- scheduling a Conference or Hearing in accordance with the procedures outlined on this page, or
- contacting the University’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator to initiate an investigation of an alleged violation of the University’s Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking and/or Hostile Environment policies
Questions about the Meeting setting can be directed to the Office of Community Standards by calling 574-631-5551 or e-mailing email@example.com.