Online Alcohol Education
The following information is provided to students who are assigned online alcohol education as an outcome related to a student conduct matter. The University of Notre Dame utilizes e-Checkup To Go, a web-based alcohol education program that was developed at San Diego State University. The program is utlized on hundreds of college campuses as a tool to assist students with learning more about their relationship with alcohol. Please consider the following:
- Plan on at least one hour to complete the program so that you have the appropriate time to reflect on the information that is presented.
- A portion of the online program has video with associated audio. As such, please plan on completing this program in a private space.
- Your participation will be tracked with an anonymous ID #. This ID # is not tied to your identity and will not be associated with your conduct file in any way. As such, please answer the questions honestly.
- Because the information you submit is anonymous, there is no way to retrieve your ID #. Please be sure to save your ID # for future reference.
To complete the online alcohol education outcome, please complete the following steps. Screenshots of the pertinent pages can be found below.
- Visit the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being website to begin the program.
- Watch the 46 second video to learn about the program.
- Click on the approrpriate link (based on whether or not you have participated in the program before).
- Record your unique ID # (note: save this somewhere, as you may be asked for it in the future)
- Honestly answer all of the questions.
- When you reach the final page (labeled "page 10 of 10", complete the following:
- Review and save (hard copy or electronically) the "Print Results" screen.
- Click on the link to "print certificate".
- Print your certificate as a PDF and save the PDF to your computer (you will need to submit the PDF in the next step).
- Complete the OCS online verification form to verify your completion. You will be required to include 2 pieces of information inyour verification form:
- You will be required to type a description of at least three "takeaways" (helpful pieces of information) you learned through the online alcohol education program that you can utilize in the future to make better choices related to alcohol.
- You will be required to attach the PDF of the certificate of completion.
If you encounter any issues or have questions, please contact the Office of Community Standards at email@example.com.
STEPS 1 AND 2 - WATCH THE VIDEO AND START THE PROGRAM
STEP 4 - RECORD YOUR ID NUMBER
STEP 6 - CLICK ON "PRINT CERTIFICATE"
STEP 7 - PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE AS A PDF.
STEP 8 - COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM AND ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATE.