A central component of the University Conduct Process is to provide students the opportunity to reflect on their choices, take responsibility for their actions, and understand the balance between the needs of the individual as well as the University community.
After a Conference or Hearing, students are asked to put their thoughts into writing by reflecting on particular questions that are selected by the University Conduct Officer who meets with the student. The student is only asked to reflect on the qusetions that are marked on the Reflection outline. The student may choose to answer other questions if they choose.
A PDF copy of the Reflection sheet can be found here.
There is no length requirement. The Reflection should be submitted online by the time and date specified on the Reflection sheet.
Students may find the following links of interest when writing their Reflection:
- University of Notre Dame Mission Statement and Vision (in du Lac: A Guide to Student Life)
- The Fiive Pillars of Holy Cross (from the Campus Ministry website)
- About Community Standards (in du Lac: A Guide to Student Life)
- University Standards of Conduct (in du Lac: A Guide to Student Life)
- University Conduct Process (in du Lac: A Guide to Student Life)
- Conduct Process Outcomes (in du Lac: A Guide to Student Life)
Questions about Reflections can be directed to the Office of Community Standards via e-mail or by calling 574-631-5551.