Online Alcohol Education
The following information is provided to students who are assigned online alcohol education as an outcome related to a student conduct matter. The University of Notre Dame utilizes e-Checkup To Go, a web-based alcohol education program that was developed at San Diego State University. The program is utlized on hundreds of college campuses as a tool to assist students with learning more about their relationship with alcohol. Please consider the following:
- Plan on at least one hour to complete the program so that you have the appropriate time to reflect on the information that is presented.
- A portion of the online program has video with associated audio. As such, please plan on completing this program in a private space.
- Your participation will be tracked with an anonymous ID #. This ID # is not tied to your identity and will not be associated with your conduct file in any way. As such, please answer the questions honestly.
- Because the information you submit is anonymous, there is no way to retrieve your ID #. Please be sure to save your ID # for future reference.
To complete the online alcohol education outcome, please complete the following steps. Screenshots of the pertinent pages can be found below.
- Visit the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being website to begin the program.
- Watch the 46 second video to learn about the program.
- Click on the approrpriate link (based on whether or not you have participated in the program before).
- Record your unique ID # (note: save this somewhere, as you may be asked for it in the future)
- Honestly answer all of the questions.
- When you reach the final page (labeled "page 10 of 10", complete the following:
- Review and save (hard copy or electronically) the "Print Results" screen.
- Click on the link to "print certificate".
- E-mail the Office of Community Standards (email@example.com) with confirmation that you completed the program. Your may either:
- Printing the certificate as a PDF and e-mailing the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Printing a hard copy of the certificate and dropping it off at the office in 306 Main Building, or
- Taking a picture of the computer screen with the certificate clearly visible and e-mailing the picture to email@example.com.
If you encounter any issues or have questions, please contact the Office of Community Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEPS 1 AND 2 - WATCH THE VIDEO AND START THE PROGRAM
STEP 3 - RECORD YOUR ID NUMBER
STEP 6 - CLICK ON "PRINT CERTIFICATE"
STEP 7 - SAVE YOUR CERTIFICATE AND SEND TO THE OCS